Tuesday, March 1, 2011

10 on Tuesday: ten things to like about the month of March

Unlike Carole, I happen to LOVE March... but I have job-specific reasons for saying so, as I will detail below.

Background information: I work at a fairly posh boarding school in New England. Much of what I'm about to describe is unique to this subculture.

1) March means I'm done with my coaching duties! (volleyball in the fall, squash or snowboarding in the winter.) This means I have afternoons and Saturdays free to be with my family. I can't tell whether they or I am more excited by this prospect.

2) March means the snow is melting.

3) March means it's almost baseball season. (In fact, the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues games have already started, and I can catch clips of them.)

4) March means that I have my Spring Break. You may all feel free to hate me: I get three weeks free...

5) so I have time to knit (and possibly crochet some potholders)

6) and I have time to shop for spring clothes

7) and I have time to clean up the house

8) and I have time to read

9) and I have time to cook

10) and finally, March means it's my own personal NaNoWriMo. And seeing as how it's almost noon and I haven't started yet, I'd better get to it.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your spring break! That is definitely a lovely part of March!

    ReplyDelete