Saturday, March 19, 2011

Vericon Part Two

Had another great day at Vericon. Went to three interesting talks and bid on some artwork.

Had a lovely breakfast at Au Bon Pain, but next time I will get my lox sandwich made without wasabi sauce: it was just too strong for that early in the morning. Had a great lunch at Tanjore - their buffet is varied and plentiful and we also were able to try a new form of chaat: Dahi Batata Poori. It's these little puffs that have been broken open on top and filled up with cooked potato, lentils, tomato, yogurt, and tamarind sauce. I would absolutely order these again.

Went to see "Battle:LA" which was surprising well-done. I appreciated the director's decision to make the battle scenes comprehensible: at all times I pretty much understood where the major players were with respect to each other. That said, this movie is all about the adrenaline; character development is minimal.

Then had a great, late dinner at 9 Tastes Thai. They had a fabulous array of vegan options and we left stuffed but not overstuffed, if you know what I mean.

The only lousy part of the day was the bubble tea I got from Dado Tea. It was almost tasteless and the tapioca balls were clumped together, making them impossible to slurp up the straw.

All told, I'd give today about a 9.5 out of 10.

1 comment: