Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Potholders? Do I dare?

A few days ago Grumperina posted about the annual crocheted cotton potholder swap, and I'm so tempted... you see, crochet was my original fiber-art, long before I fell for knitting. I never got much past the point of making afghans and scarves in crochet, but I can read basic directions and make a motif come out more-or-less-square.

The problem is that I don't think I own ANY cotton yarn, and so this would require some hasty yarn shopping. (Actually that's not a problem!) The true problem is that I still have almost a year's backlog of knitting projects that I owe various people:

Mittens for my cousin-in-law (90% done)
Mittens for MH (70% done)
Socks for my mother (30% done)
Mittens for CL
Mittens for PC
Socks for SS
Mittens for JN
Baby sweater for HE (good lord, she's almost three already!)
Baby sweater for DS (he's only 13 months.)
Vest for my older son, who's always cold
and I feel like I'm forgetting another sweater somewhere in that list.

So here's the question: how much time will crocheting five potholders take away from my knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment