Monday, June 18, 2012

And yet another new recipe: apple ring pancakes

Apple ring pancakes! Such a good idea, a little complicated to execute but barely more work than making silver dollar pancakes.

I based my idea around this recipe by Carla Hall, but didn't have Bisquick in the house so I just used my standard Fanny Farmer pancake recipe and dipped in the apples.

It's crucial to slice the apples as thinly as you can... thick pieces don't get cooked in the time it takes to brown the pancakes, but thin slices get soft and almost jammy inside the batter.

New recipe count: nineteen

Note: yes, I know that it's over half-way through June and therefore I should be at about twenty-five recipes. First of all, I'm backlogged on my reporting and actually have two or three more in the pipeline. Second, summer is my primary cooking time. I'm sure I'll be ahead of the count by the end of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment