because I forgot to take pictures while the light was good.
1) I still have a cold. I'm doing better now that I have a steroid-based inhaler to back up my Nyquil, but it hasn't been fun.
2) My town is a sheet of ice.
3) My basil plants are only about 50% sprouted. I don't know if this is because I'm using very old seeds, or because the room is too cold.
4) Despite making a late start, the purple basil is totally winning over the organic and Italian basil seedlings.
5) It is almost impossible to take a good picture of purple basil.