Sunday, January 9, 2011

Knitting summary for 2010 (New Years part 3)

I don't have pictures of all my finished knits from 2010, but I can summarize them here:

5 variations on Bella's Mittens
4 pairs for little kids
Dashing for my step-mother
some lovely cabled mittens for my upstairs neighbor who moved away
The 4-10 mittens for my advisee, who graduated
The unfortunately-pooling Spiral Mittens for my younger son's preschool teacher

2 scarves: a Cabled Keyhole Scarf for my mother, and a Feather-and-fan scarf for my mother-in-law.

1 shawl: Ishbel, for my mother

2 pairs of socks for my children (pictures coming shortly! I promise!)

1 vest: a Cabled Baby Vest for my friend's first child

Can I just say: Thank Heavens for Ravelry, without which all of this organization would have been impossible?

That's 19 knitting projects, at least double what I've done in any previous year. Being sick and injured for much of the year did boost my production, but also having a commitment to daily knitting (even a few rows) also really helped. I left at least six UFOs in my wake; as I unpack I keep finding half-done socks and scarves. Finishing those will be one of my goals for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment