I love soup! One of the challenges I face, being married to a vegetarian, is coming up with good soups that he'll eat.
1) Miso soup: hands down, my favorite soup. I don't make it at home anymore because it's available for lunch at my school, every day. I love putting different seaweeds into it, or trying out noodles in it.
2) Tomato soup: I posted last week about this amazing recipe for it. My husband even asked me to make a second batch of it!
3) Hot and sour soup: I don't cook this at home because it involves meat, but I almost always order it when we go to a Chinese restaurant.
4) Tom Kha Gai: a delicious Thai hot-and-sour soup with coconut milk, lemongrass, and chicken in it. Once again, I've never learned how to make this, but I indulge in it once a month (the coconut milk adds some serious calories!)
5) Cream of broccoli soup: available at lunch about once a week; not healthy, but so yummy I can't pass it up!
6) Cream of mushroom soup: I'm on a quest to find a really good recipe for this, as the canned versions don't stack up to the real thing. When I can get it at lunch, I always do.
7) Cheeseburger soup: I don't know what goes into this and I don't think I want to! But wow.... so yummy...
8) Pho: I've only had this a couple of times but they were memorable! I wonder if a vegetarian version would be easy to make?
9) Mulligatawny: this can be up or down depending on the restaurant, but I've eaten some fabulous versions of this at our local Indian restaurant.
10) Italian Wedding Soup: the canned version of this nearly killed my affection for it, but I've had a few good homemade versions that really converted me back to loving this.