Sunday, January 15, 2012

New recipe: mushroom pate

As I've mentioned before, I'm trying to try 52 new recipes this year. I haven't quite worked out the rules: does modifying an existing recipe qualify? What about making up recipes by myself? What happens if I read ABOUT a recipe and recreate it?

Depending on how you count it, I did between 1 and 4 new recipes this weekend. All four were delicious!
1) Probably doesn't count: took lousy bread dough and turned it into crackers.
2) Likely doesn't count: took the oatmeal raisin cookie recipe on top of the oatmeal cylinder and subbed dried blueberries for the raisins.
3) Probably counts: read a pair of tweets by The Yarn Harlot and back-engineered an insanely yummy cauliflower-garlic soup
4) Definitely counts: made mushroom pate, which was very good with the homemade crackers. (The recipe is from Serious Eats, and I didn't have truffle oil or parsley in the house yet it still tasted very good.)

Totally irrelevant picture of mushrooms under the broiler:



So that puts my "new recipe count" at somewhere between two and five. I think we'll say that the last two count and the first two don't, which gives me a total (with the tomato soup) of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment