Friday, February 18, 2011

Inertia

Inertia is a powerful force. Right now, it's the only reason I'm blogging: I don't have any cool photos to share with you and I can't think of anything witty to say. I didn't make further progress on the pink mitten. I haven't read enough books to do another report.

Also, I can't figure out how to respond to my comments, which at one point I thought I figured out how to do... so if you know how to respond to comments from BlogSpot, please let me know?

I haven't cooked anything so interesting that I should report on it... no wait, that one's a lie. I've actually cooked a lot of interesting stuff over the past two weeks, but without photos it hardly seems worth mentioning.

OK, I'll go for it anyway:

Chocolate vegan cupcakes - delicious, although I completely messed up the frosting and had to send them out unfrosted. I had a few moments of panic when I couldn't locate the apple cider vinegar and was faced with a choice among seasoned rice wine vinegar, sherry vinegar, or tarragon vinegar for the batter. I think I would have chosen the sherry vinegar, but fortunately I did dig up the apple cider vinegar (hidden behind the black bean sauce in the pantry) so it didn't come to that.

Vegetables Korma - better the first time I made it, when I didn't measure the ginger root and probably doubled or tripled the amount the recipe wanted. I made a huge batch the second time around, so we're still working our way through the left-overs. I added a lot of ginger and some fried tofu to it tonight, and it was pretty good. (I just realized that I mentioned this on the blog earlier, but without all the details.)

Challah - made this once with zested orange and once without and it was very good both ways.

Drunken Apple Cake - a lot of work but definitely an impressive dessert. It's much better on the second day, after the rum flavour has mellowed.

And... a huge thunderstorm just started rolling in, so I'm going to post this and go make sure all my windows are closed (after today's high of 60).

No comments:

Post a Comment