Tuesday, February 8, 2011

10 on Tuesday: ten favorite Oscar-winning movies

I don't know whether this limits me to "Best Picture" winners, or if all those movies that won another type of Oscar are also eligible.

If we go with Best Picture, then (only in chronological order, because I really can't compare light musicals to bloody tragedies)

The Godfather
My Fair Lady
Annie Hall
Out of Africa
Silence of the Lambs
Forrest Gump
The English Patient
Shakespeare in Love
American Beauty
Chicago
Return of the King
The Departed

I'm not going to bother scanning the list of every movie that's ever won any Oscar, but I'll just throw in

Spirited Away
Wall-E
Sophie's Choice
A River Runs Through It
Gosford Park
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Sweeney Todd

And yes... my primary loves are musicals, animated children's movies, and bloody shoot-'em-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment