Monday, December 31, 2012

Catching up on old-new recipes

I got this first recipe idea from Carole Knits when she had us all list our 10 favorite holiday cookie recipes.The Cherry Chocolate Kisses were rather fussy to make but so lovely and yummy that none survived to be photographed.

I got the recipe for Congo Bars from Sheri at the Loopy Ewe, who posted it a few weeks ago. They were incredibly sweet but the crunchy top made them very appealing to the students.

David Lebovitz is one of my favorite food bloggers. I've been meaning to make his Whole Lemon Bars for over a year, and I finally got around to it in early December. I used a Meyer Lemon despite his warning not to; I supplemented it with 1/2 a lime since my lemon weighed a lot less than the 6 ounces he recommended. These were totally delicious, particularly after mellowing for a day or two.

I made two new recipes for our vegetarian Thanksgiving: the stuffed acorn squash and mushroom gravy found in The New York Times as part of a "Southern" feast. I thought they were amazing but the rest of the family was ambivalent at best.

I made the Mushroom Bourguignon from Smitten Kitchen on the day before Thanksgiving (to use up the 3 pounds of mushrooms I had absentmindedly purchased).

I tried to make pumpkin butter from one of our Hallow'een pumpkins and it was a disaster.

I turned a giant sweet-meat squash into this soup and it was pretty good... but I wasn't motivated to make it again.

My mom helped me make Chinese Boiled Peanuts when she visited us over Christmas. Holy moly, these are good!

I made rhubarb chutney at some point in summer and forgot to write down which recipe I used. That's OK, because the chutney was only so-so

New recipe count: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50

No comments:

Post a Comment