Monday, July 12, 2010

Ten on Tuesday: 10 things I like about where I live

I live in a small town in northern Connecticut. Finding ten things I like about it was easy!

1) Walking to everything: library, drug store, market, pizza place, even my dentist is within walking range. In poor weather, I do "cheat" and drive, but I try to make a point of walking when the weather is nice and I don't have to carry 20+ pounds of groceries.

2) The public library is fantastic!

3) The K-2 public school is also fantastic! (The 3-5 school is pretty good... less said about the Middle School, the better.)

4) We have a wonderful day care and pre-school just around the corner.

5) I really love my job, which is what brought me to this town in the first place. I also like my coworkers, almost all of whom live in this town, too.

6) There's a huge shopping complex within a 15 minute drive: Barnes and Noble, Target, Rave Cinemas, CostCo, Sears, and great Japanese and Mexican restaurants.

7) The train stops less than 20 miles away.

8) The airport is less than 30 miles away.

9) There's a farmer's market on The Green every Saturday in the summer and fall.

10) I'm less than an hour away from WEBS.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like great summer plans and a great place to live. I'm having a summer of fantasy: books, movies and knitting diamond fantasy shawl.

    ReplyDelete