Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ten on Tuesday: 10 reasons to watch football

Wow, this is a tough one for me. I don't think I've watched an entire game on TV in the last 15 years.

1) It's good knitting time.
2) It's good for bonding with my officemates (9 men, 1 other woman.)
3) It allows for casual conversation at the salad bar once baseball season is over. (Did I mention that I work with a lot of guys?)
4) It's a great excuse to eat guacamole and chips...
5) ... or salsa and chips....
6) ... or hot cheese dip and chips....
7) ... or veggies with spinach-cranberry dip (don't knock it 'til you try it!)
8) I still have a vague fondness for the Colts. I went to a home game a year or two after they moved to Indianapolis. I think my high school's marching band was featured in the half-time show. This would be the only live pro-football game I have ever attended.
9) I should teach my children about this important American tradition.
10) It's only on once a week, instead of every day (like baseball) so it takes up less of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment