Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

I've joined! What can I say... I'm rarely a joiner, but this idea is too good to pass up. I also joined Summer of Socks and actually have socks on the needles already. (Child size 5, using KnitPicks Felici Sport in the Sticks and Stones colorway. Pictures in a later post, when they actually look like something.)

Ten ways to entertain a child:

1) Cook or bake with them. Even really little kids can mix up an egg in a big bowl. Mine love to sift flour, cream butter, and try to shape the drop cookies onto the tray.

2) Read to them.

3) Make a fort. All you need is a sofa, bed, or table, and a couple of blankets.

4) Legos.

5) Playground.

6) Your local park. One of the ones near us has a little pond with turtles and frogs... the latter will occupy my kids for multiple hours.

7) Birdfeeder on the other side of a closed window. It it isn't squirrel-proofed, that's even better. My cousin, who has pretty serious ADD, when he was about 3 or 4 could be entertained for over an hour by watching the antics of the squirrels on the feeder. My aunt said that the bird feeder kept her sane until he went off to school.

8) Pets, if the kids are old enough to treat them nicely.

9) Let's Pretend.

10) Board games, card games, pen-and-paper games...

No comments:

Post a Comment