Sunday, June 6, 2010

FO: More mittens!

My mother once joked that my blog name should have been "The Mitten Mama" and she's not far off.

These mittens were a belated Xmas gift for my younger son's preschool teacher. She is a complete treasure and we try to tell her that a couple of times a year. She loves blues, so I thought that a Cascade Paints would work well for her. It actually pooled terribly but she said that she liked the unpredictability of it. (Do you begin to see why we love her?)

Preschool Teacher Mittens:



Details: Spiral Mittens
Cascade 220 Superwash Paints, in Blues
#3 needles, two 16" wooden from KnitPicks
Summary: LOVED the pattern, hated the way the yarn flashed and pooled. I plan on making these again with a different yarn.

Graduation Mittens (#1)



Details: 4-10 Mitten, from Magnificent Mittens by Anna Zilboorg
Cascade 220 Superwash in lime green, pink, and royal blue
#3 needles, two 16" wooden from KnitPicks
Simple ribbed cuff at recipient's request.
Reversed the pattern and the coloring on the second mitten, to make "mirror image fraternal twins"
Summary: Loved the pattern, loved the yarn.

Little Kid Mittens (Campbell)



I knit these back in March so I don't recall most of the details. Cascade 220 Superwash, I think. I finished knitting them AT the birthday party which is why I only have pictures "in progress."

Next up: scarves!

No comments:

Post a Comment