Saturday, March 24, 2012

I took a class...

I live within easy driving distance of WEBS; it's about 40 minutes away when there's no traffic. Yet I don't get up there often enough! I took one class last year (Rigid Heddle Weaving, loved it!) and finally got organized about my schedule and signed up for "Fixing Mistakes" on this, the last weekend of my Spring Break.

"Fixing Mistakes" was taught by Annie Foley. She's a great teacher: clear, calm, pretty organized, and very good at explaining things logically. She showed us how to drop down and ladder back up in both stockinette and garter stitch. We also learned how to drop down an entire section in a simple lace pattern and then build it back up. We went over duplicate stitch and finished up by learning how to fix selvedge stitches.

Anyway, I highly recommend both the class and the teacher. She's got me inspired to take another class as soon as I can fit it into my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment