Monday, September 5, 2011

The City, in Summer

I've become such a New Englander that I call NYC "the city" and expect everyone to know what I'm talking about.

My younger son and I went to The City to visit my mother and expose the little boy to the wonders of subways, buses, and the MOMA. On Saturday we ate vegetarian Dim Sum (I can't recall the name but it was #7 Mott Street) and bought dried plums and sailed boats in Central Park. On Sunday we saw a Brazilian street festival, hung out at MOMA and had lunch at Cafe #2 (where they screwed up my lunch order 3 times... sigh...), then had gelato at Grand Central and bought spices at Penzey's, and went for sushi at Sushi Time on 2nd Ave.

Today I had a pork bun and leftover egg tart for breakfast before taking the express back to CT.

1 comment:

  1. When my son was 6, I took him to the city (Vancouver). He stopped in the street, pointed and asked, "What's that?" After many guesses, it turns out he had never seen a parking meter. Oh well. He lives in Victoria now.

    ReplyDelete