Monday, April 19, 2010

The "i" Diet

It used to be called The Instinct Diet, which I like a lot better.

I'm on day 3. It's been rough. Last night I completely fell apart and ate an entire extra meal (brown rice, pakora, steamed broccoli, and saag paneer) at 9pm so I would be able to sleep through the night.

DH is being a champ about trying it out with me. But when I fell apart, so did he, so now we're both back to Square 1.

I need to make a list of things I will use to reward myself when I do stick to the diet. Here are my starting ideas...

Books:
Crochet for Bears to Wear
Berroco's new book on afghans
the new JD Robb mystery
The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag

Any other suggestions for me?


Yarn:
a skein of mini-Maiden to make myself a scarf (pattern unclear as yet)
Enough Cascade Ecological Wool to make Jared Flood's Girasole

2 comments:

  1. Anything can be on your list of rewards - as long as they're something that you want. How about the next size down in clothing?
    *wink* (I did not plan for the new wardrobe, and I wish I had!)

    Good luck to you! It's worth the struggle - I promise.
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the mini maiden: the lacy kerchief scarf from Interweave. Works in all weights.

    ReplyDelete