Thursday, December 31, 2009

Decade in Review (2002 and 2003)

I can't remember a blasted thing about 2002 except that we got pregnant in May. I was sick all the time, and then I went to a very prestigious and exhausting conference at the end of June, which is where I officially determined that I was preggers... and well, it just didn't go well. I was widely known as The Fat One who Keeps Throwing Up and Belching (in the nicest possible way, of course.)

February 17, 2003: horrible ice storm. Multiple neighbors call to offer their snowmobiles or 4-wheel drive trucks to convey me to the hospital, if necessary. I try to be reassured that a midwife lives in the apartment underneath mine. Fortunately, I make it until the 19th (the official due date) and am safely conveyed to the hospital to have my labor induced. Sometime after dinner, Son #1 is born! I immediately chow down a vanilla milkshake and a large burger to celebrate.

I don't sleep much for the next few years. This might have something to do with why I don't remember most of the details.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa, life is full of exciting chapters. Mine aren't that much different. It's a wonder we survive it all.

    ReplyDelete