Saturday, December 19, 2009

pictures of mittens

My gig is mittens. I make them for my children, for my children's friends, and for my students. i've finished a number of pairs in the past 6 months but had the pics trapped on my camera... until today. All mittens were made with Cascade 220 Superwash on #3 wooden needles (16" circs from KnitPicks.) The last two patterns are my own design.

Rachel's mittens: they're based on The Druid Mittens by Jared Flood, but in a slightly thicker yarn so I had to use different cable patterns. By her request, they're fraternal rather than identical twins.




Cormac's mittens: for a 5-year-old, with his initials and a rather large Norwegian star. Also by request, fraternal rather than identical mittens (his little brothers are fraternal twins.)


Rory's mittens: also for a 5-year-old, in her favorite colors. She liked the "boxed-in" look of this design, which is new to me.



Next up: scarves and another set of mittens!

No comments:

Post a Comment