Sunday, May 25, 2008

More memes!

I just read DenofChaos's meme from last week and decided to consider myself tagged (I'm not getting any knitting content, what with graduation and final exams and all.)

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?

Thinking about quitting grad school and winning the prize for best Teaching Assistant in the Sciences.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?

Write a final exam.
Proofread another final exam.
Go to SC's graduation party.
Go shopping at Trans World Food Market in Hadley for gluten, Chinese vegetables, and mochi.
Catch up on laundry.

3) Snacks I enjoy?

Celery sticks, teriyaki-flavored nori over white rice, oranges, grapes, cheese and crackers, sushi, left-over salad, dark chocolate.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire?

Make college free (or very minimally priced, as in Great Britain) for students over a certain level of achievement.
Invest in developing a vaccine for malaria.
Fund private day schools in areas of terrible public schooling, and have them be free or close to it.
Build affordable and comfortable senior citizen housing within a larger community. (I can't remember the book my friend pushed at me this winter that expounded this notion... but it was cool.)
Throw a lot of money at Neil Gaiman to make another movie like "MirrorMask."

5) Places I have lived?

Kentucky, Indiana, Connecticut, New York, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Pennsylvania.

No comments:

Post a Comment