Sunday, January 1, 2017

Day 1: wrapping up 2016, BOOKS

I had a screaming headache all yesterday, so I mostly wrote stuff, moped around on the couch, and went to bed before midnight.

I read 144 books and novellas last year. 67 of them were by new-to-me authors. 14 were rereads, so 130 of them were new-to-me works.

Here's the best of the new-to-me stuff that I read last year...

SF or FANTASY or SLIPSTREAM:
The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
Radiance by Catherine Valence
City of Blades by Robert Jackson Bennett
The Fifth Season by N K Jemisin
The Obelisk Gate by N K Jemisin
Ninefox Gambit by Yoon Ha Lee
Penric and the Shaman by Lois McMaster Bujold
Penric's Mission by Lois McMaster Bujold
The Nightmare Stacks by Charles Stross
Binti by Nnedi Okorafor
The Dream Quest of Vellitt Boe by Kij Johnson
Summerlong by Peter S Beagle
Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky
Roses and Rot by Kat Howard
Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
Kingfisher by Patricia Mckillop
The End of All Things by John Scalzi
Feedback by Mira Grant

TEEN or YA:
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Greenglass House by Kate Milford
Castle Hangnail by Ursula Vernon
If I Stay by Gail Forman 

MYSTERY:
Harbour Street by Ann Cleeves

ROMANCE:
Only Enchanting by Mary Balogh
Artistic License by Elle Pierson
In the Middle of Somewhere by Roan Parrish

OTHER:
Snobs by Julian Fellowes








No comments:

Post a Comment