Sunday, March 24, 2013

New recipe recap

Wow... getting the flu and then catching a cold right after that have really slowed me down. I tried a bunch of new recipes in March; here's a quick catch-up post on what worked and what didn't.

I tried a recipe of roasted tempeh and veggies with pomegranate molasses glaze. It wasn't AT ALL my speed, but my husband seemed to enjoy it. I might try it again with a different glaze.

On a brighter note, Smitten Kitchen struck gold again with this coconut bread. I didn't have flaked coconut so I used dried young coconut, finely chopped. Still delicious.

And another winner from Smitten Kitchen: cauliflower fritters. They didn't stick together properly but tasted delicious.

I needed to use up a bunch of Brussel sprouts and I stumbled onto this recipe of Brussel sprouts with a lime-honey-ginger glaze. Jack-pot! Quick and delicious. Definitely make again.

After we got back from Italy I wanted to try to recreate the flat-crust pizza that we ate over there. Well, I didn't get is crispy enough, but it was still yummy.

New recipe count: 17

No comments:

Post a Comment