I thought I had my groove: after the success of the Little Coriolis Socks, I figured I would work my way through the rest of Ms. Bordhi's patterns, sized appropriately for various family members.
I have now fallen down twice on the Ridgeline Socks. First time it was a gauge problem (yes, the difference between 5 and 5.5 stitches per inch is significant!) The second time... I don't know, I thought I did everything correctly, but the sock is about an inch too short in the foot. I think I'll just rip back to where I began the increases and work another inch before beginning them.
Off for a trip to the partially-frogged pond!