Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Early Morning Knitting

I had high hopes of showing you a finished Sidewinder; alas, my enthusiasm for the sock overcame my common sense and I tried to graft the long seam late at night. I was about 5 arduous stitches into the process when I realized I had the right sides together, rather than the wrong sides. At this point I abandoned the poor sock and went to bed.

At 5:30 this morning, I was awakened to handle an overflowing diaper.

Since I do, occasionally, learn from my prior mistakes, I did not attempt to unpick my grafting this morning. Instead, I put another 20 rows on my son's blanket, which is in garter stitch and therefore requires fewer brain cells.

I think it's all blanket knitting for me today: even two mugs of tea can't shake the fog out of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment