Wednesday, June 6, 2018

1st Day of Summer Vacation: in which we realize that I've eaten out too frequently

Today: lunch at the local country club, which makes a nice gyro sandwich and has craft beer on tap. Saying good-bye to a great colleague, who's headed back to graduate school.

Yesterday: Korean BBQ with a close friend who felt that she needed to eat more protein. Holy heck. All the protein. Plus some banchan that I'd never tried before.

Monday: bubble tea at the mall. Lousy bubble tea. They weren't even sure they had tapioca boba available and tried to talk me into getting fruit boba instead. Fortunately, they had just enough tapioca for our orders. Then we went out for Chinese at a new-to-us place just north of here. They had great sushi - like, really really well done futomaki and Tango the Mango - and also Peking Duck without pre-ordering it. The rest of the meal was only OK, but I'd go back just for the sushi and duck options.

Sunday: burgers with two former students, one now in college and the other doing an internship over the summer. They're doing wonderfully well. It's so good to see them being independent and growing up to be Strong Women in Science.

Saturday: Brunch at Panera after my house-guest took the SAT. I had a very well made ham-cheddar-scrambled egg sandwich. She said the croissant was superior.

Friday: Indian food. Delicious, but far too much dairy. I lost track of the dairy pills I'd taken.

Thursday: Italian food with visiting relatives from the Phillipines, followed by ice cream. I got Thai Ice Tea flavor. It was amazing.

Wednesday: Starbucks coffee with an almond croissant. I will do almost anything for almond-flavored baked goods. Also, I love the easy availability of non-dairy coffee options.

Tuesday: really good ice cream at a locally owned shop. I did two separate trips out there with students and ended up eating a LOT of ice cream. Plus all the dairy pills in my purse. I believe I tried Strawberry Oreo, Bergamot, Double Dark Chocolate, and Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment