Thursday, January 4, 2018

Preview to viewing for the Hugo Awards (movies and TV shows)

The category "Best Dramatic Presentation (Longform)" is the only one where I've usually seen all the finalists before the final ballot comes out. I don't watch that much TV these days, and what I do watch is usually just police procedurals. I keep meaning to watch The Expanse or The Magicians... I saw Person of Interest about two years too late and really enjoyed it, so maybe there's hope for me?

The movies I would nominate right now are as follows:
Logan
Wonder Woman
The Last Jedi
Coco
Blade Runner 2049

Movies I've seen that would technically qualify, but aren't in my top 5:
Beauty and the Beast
Power Rangers
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
The Dark Tower
Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Movies I should probably see before nominating:
Get Out
Justice League
Alien: Covenant
Marjorie Prime
Ghost in the Shell
Okja
Bright
Flatliners

Any other movies from 2017 that I should try to see in the next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment