Sunday, June 12, 2016

Recipe Round-up (May and early June)

I made a few great things recently (and a bunch of mediocre things.) Being on summer hols really does help with giving me the time to tackle more complex recipes...

Shortcut Moussaka from the NYT: fairly easy and very delicious

Grilled Shrimp by Kenji from Serious Eats: a little extra work but an excellent outcome. These were also great stuffed into homemade sushi the next day

Lychee Martini from Food Network: delicious way to use up the juice in the can after you've used the lychees

Best Vegetarian Chili from Serious Eats: a huge hit with my guests but it's probably a good thing I only used half the chilies

Smokey Eggplant Dip from Smitten Kitchen: a little less intense than true baba ghanoush, and amazingly delicious

Almond Jello from Chew Out Loud: I've made it so often that I've now started to modify the recipe, including more milk. It's a childhood favorite that still delights.

Cheese Blintzes with Roasted Strawberries from King Arthur Flour: Time consuming but so good... so good...

Oatmeal with an Egg from the Lean Green Bean: a nice way to add protein to your breakfast


No comments:

Post a Comment