So we went to see the in-laws for Christmas. (Yes, we do celebrate.)
My FIL is a superior cook but has an odd aversion to vegetables, so I volunteered to make a side dish of green beans and a salad.
Here's the menu, in full:
1) caramelized liver mousse with toasted hazelnuts and macerated cherries
2) avocado-blood orange salad (not the one I made)
3) pheasant salmis and my green beans
4) cheese course, featuring Cabot clothbound cheddar, Truffle Tremor, Moses Sleeper, and Gorgonzola Dolce
5) my salad, which was an ingredient-limited riff on a roasted cranberry and delicata squash salad with candied pecans and mixed lettuce.
6) fruit course
7) Bakewell Tart with coffee
We also went through a few bottles of wine but I forgot to write down names!
Earlier in the day - before opening presents - we'd had tea and sticky buns.
And a lovely time was had by all. I hope your 25th was equally peaceful, festive, and delicious.