Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Ten on Tuesday (late): 10 random things

Well, it looks like Carole is on vacation this week, so I'll just have to make up my own topic!

Ten random things in my life:

1) The Red Sox have a new batting line-up tonight and it's messing with my head. (For the record: Ellsbury, Scutero, Gonzalez, Pedroia, Ortiz, Lowrie, Crawford, Veritek, and McDonald. I'm used to Scutero batting late, like eighth, and Pedroia batting second.)

2) I went to the Korean store today and got home-cooked Korean side-dishes, which I'm now eating over white rice. I have almost no idea what's in them, and I certainly don't know how to cook them. (Note: one claims to be fish cakes with vegetables in spicy sauce. The other is called "Seaweed in oil" and certainly tastes like it.)

3) I should learn how to cook Korean food.

4) I seem to be coming down with a summer-cold.

5) Being in the middle of both The Stand and Feed, this is unduly alarming to me.

6) I really shouldn't have been playing Pandemic while reading The Stand. My germ-paranoia levels may be at an all-time high.

7) Almost all the Patricia Wentworth mysteries are now available as e-books, which may have lead to a little purchasing binge on my part.

8) Next year, I want to try growing okra again. (I tried two years ago, and my garden-mate weeded them out by mistake.)

9) Apparently the Red Sox are now back in 1st place in the AL East.

10) Recently, my DH checked the standings, and found out that the THIRD PLACE team in the AL East (that would the Rays) had a better record than the first place teams in the AL Central and AL West. Something seems wrong with this system.

No comments:

Post a Comment