Given that I am currently at home, with a fever and something flu-ish, I am not loving Autumn. But if I stretch my imagination...
1) Watching the leaves turn. I spent my early childhood in upstate NY and those colors still captivate me, every year.
2) Substantial soups are back in fashion.
3) Making fresh bread is suddenly a GOOD idea, because it warms up the kitchen (as opposed to summer, when everyone whines at you for heating up the kitchen.)
4) For that matter, baking anything is praise-worthy.
5) Cooler nights means snuggling up under the comforter and blankets. (I sleep MUCH better when I'm slightly cold.)
6) I sleep better. (See above.)
7) My summer's knitting begins to be appreciated. Wool socks, anyone? Fingerless mitts?
8) It's apple season. Apple pie, apple gallette, apple turnovers, cider, cider doughnuts, hot cider with spices, apple bread, apple muffins...
9) and it's pumpkin season. Pumpkin soup, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bundt cake...
10) Winter is just around the corner.