1) What ended your last relationship?
He didn't think I was important enough to tell that he was going in for fairly major surgery on his wrist.
2) When was the last time you shaved?
This morning. (Off to meet the new physical therapist. Didn't want to scare her.)
3) What were you doing at 8:00AM?
4) What will you be doing in 15 minutes?
Putting the boys to bed.
5) Some things you are excited about?
Getting physical therapy for my injured hip (finally!)
Going to NYC for our wedding anniversary.
Reading the huge pile of books I just got from the library.
6) What is your favorite flavor of Jello-O?
Dunno... I don't really eat it.
7) What do you remember about your prom night?
I refused to go frilly and lacy, so we drove all over the state to find me a very nice, tame dress by Laura Ashley. My prom date borrowed my dad's old tux. My best friend's mom did my hair.
8) Do you have any famous ancestors?
My paternal grandmother claimed to be related to the Stanley who invented the Stanley Steamer but I don't know whether he was a direct ancestor of ours.
9) Last thing you received in the mail?
My contract for next year's employment.
10) How many different beverages have you had today?
four: tea, water, seltzer, and apple juice.
11) Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machines?
Yes, in a very slow, clear voice.
12) Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
I haven't done that in years! Will have to try it again this summer. Maybe the boys want to do it...
13) Any plans for Friday night?
A nice dinner with DH and possibly a play, if I can talk him into it.
14) Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
Yuck! No way! (I thought this was a trick question until I remembered that one of my cousins loves, loves loves her hair after rinsing in salt water for days on end.)
15) Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
Yup, just about every year. I share them with the dorm and they last about two days. Then I use the empty tins to store dog food and birdseed.
16) Do you reuse towels after you shower?
Ummm... is this a trick question? Yes, of course. I'm clean when I use it, after all. I wash the towels every weekend. (Honestly, how much water would I have to use to wash two bath towels a day?)
17) Describe your keychain?
One car key, 6 other keys, a mini-Leatherman tool, a mini-flashlight, and my library card.
18) Where do you keep your change?
I keep about $3.00 worth of change in my drawer at work. I keep another $5.00 of quarters and dimes in the car for parking meters. I keep four quarters in my coat pocket for soda emergencies and the rest in the change compartment of my purse.
19) When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
How large? I'm a teacher so I speak to groups of 9 to 17 students every weekday. I gave a 2-minute impromptu report to 60 colleagues last Monday.
20) What kind of winter coat do you own?
I have a wonderful black wool coat that I got on sale at Macy's last spring. It has slightly belled sleeves and a huge collar that can be turned up or buttoned down. It just covers my butt. It looks like no one else's coat and I adore it.